Thursday, November 12, 2009

Ribs, Beer and a Run

Time: 42:14
Distance: ~6 miles

This afternoon I was offered the sales rep position with The Genesis Agency. I met up with Paul Perrone at The Running Event and we went over a few things before him asking me to join the team. I am very excited to have a new position and know it is something that I will do well at. I helped break down at the expo and then met up with some new friends at Paul's house. We were shown some of our products and then before leaving I was handed a rack of ribs.

Why did I just tell you that? Well, I was really hungry and at some of those ribs around 7:00 pm before Mike Carmody came home from class. He said he was going running and I couldn't refuse. I ran 6 miles with him after eating ribs, tortillas and drinking a few beers from Hanley's kegerator. Wise decision? Probably not, but I didn't feel as terrible as one would expect. You always gotta train for the occasional beer mile. That's what this was tonight.

Oh yea. I have a J-O-B.

2 comments:

Jilane said...

High five!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Oh, and per MRN's suggestion, I'll hook you up if you hook me up.)

Coach Gaudette said...

Congrats, but jobs are waaaaaaay overrated.