Monday, November 16, 2009

Exploring Portsmouth

Time: 69:58
Distance: 10.02 miles
Pace: 6:59
Map

I ran with Lee Greenberg this morning through the streets of Portsmouth. Great little towns they got up in New England, I tell you. Around 15 minutes into the run Lee, the sales rep out of Chicago, and I ran into a fit looking guy about age 50. We got to running with him and he told us that on Sunday he was running the Philly 'thon. His goal was to run in the 2:50s which is pretty badass. That's like faster than Wee Man. Snipe!

We dropped Lee back at the hotel and then I ventured out and heard some stories about Portsmouth. I found out that Mark Coogan lives in the area and that the winner of this year's Marine Corps Marathon is from the town. Who knew that Portsmouth was the training Mecca of the northeast?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go f*ck yourself!!