Monday, November 2, 2009

Week in Review

Time: 357:49
Distance: 53.01 miles

I had another very casual week of running. The week started off with some very light days and finished with more typical training. I'm still pondering what I want to train for next. I know that I would like to run the Thanksgiving Day Race in Cincinnati again this year. I have tried to win it in the past and have fallen short. Perhaps this year is it. After Turkey Day I'm not sure what I'll be focusing on. It would be fun to run a track season given I'll probably be at a lot of the meets Meagan and Queens attends. However, given my recent lack of success at the shorter distances it may be in my best interest to run another half-marathon or marathon in the spring.

I want to put in 10 good weeks of base training where the workouts are threshold efforts. I would like to start incorporating strides at the end of double runs. With 10 solid weeks of 85+ miles and a balance of threshold/stride speed work, I will be in a position to make a better decision in the middle of December. I'll better know where my fitness is at and if I feel sharp, I'll choose track and if I feel strong, I'll choose marathon.

1 comment:

Jilane said...

Whoa! The Cinci turkey trot actually came up in dinner conversation last night (Tuesday). I KNEW it sounded familiar and couldn't remember why. Mystery solved.