Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Karhu Kool-Aid

Time: 22:51
Distance: ~3 miles

Today we learned about the fulcrum technology in Karhu shoes. Huub Valkenberg is the CEO of the company and is responsible for bringing Nike to Russia and India. Since buying Karhu, Huub has become a big believe in the brand and put a lot of research into the shoe's technology. We learned results of a test where Karhu was pitted against Asics and while it's much too detailed for me to explain here, I'll say that the fulcrum is awesome. If I wasn't drinking the Kool-Aid of Karhu before, I am now.

The group had an early break after a visit to the brand's shoe designer's office. Dan has prototypes all over the place with shoe sketches and molds detailing improvements to the current line. We came dressed to run and did just that after our session. I wanted to put in more miles but everyone was content with the short jog and it was lunch time. I fear that my training is going down the shitter this week.

1 comment:

Owen said...

But do they feel good?