Monday, November 16, 2009

Sheraton Treadmill

Time: 43 mins
Distance: 6 miles

I hate treadmills. Absolutely hate them. I got in to Boston around 3 pm and then waited for the remaining members of the party to arrive. Sales reps from across the country are flying in for this meeting up in New Hampshire. I was picked up outside the terminal by a limo service, though it was a van and not a limo, but he still had a white board sign with my name on it. Pretty sweet.

On the drive up to Portsmouth I listened intently to Kim and Danielle from Colorado and Keith from Portland talk about their various brands. I had no idea what they were talking about as they could have been speaking in French. Most of their brands come from the biking world, a world that is very foreign to me. I'm now glad that I don't have Craft Bike at this point in my career. Maybe in a few years I'll take that on but for now, I'll be overwhelmed with Craft Run and XC. Steve from Santa Cruz, CA was the last to be picked up and we were off to another New England state.

Once at the hotel I felt the need to shake the legs out on the treadmill. It's the first time that I've run on one in quite some time and it still sucks. I managed 2.25 miles before I accidentally pulled out the safety mechanism. My mistake allowed me to take a break and regather mentally for the next 3.75 miles. Glad I ran, not glad that it was on the 'mill.

1 comment:

Jake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.