Monday, November 9, 2009

Distinguished Mr. Stuetzel

Time: 94:44
Distance: 14.71 or 15.00 miles (JK vs. SS Garmin)
Pace: 6:25
Map

Last night Simon and I had this text conversation:

Me: What time you running long tomorrow?
Simon: Hey buddy. Coach wants me to run at 7:30. I'm very happy if you'll come.
Me: Ok cool. How far you going boss?
Simon: Mister Kinley, we're happy to tell you that Mr. Stuetzel is running approximately 15 miles tomorrow. We look forward to welcome you in McAlpine Headquarters.
Me: My distinguished Mr. Stuetzel, I would be ever so obliged to join you on the 15 mile jaunt through the trails of McAlpine. I'll see you at the top of the morning.
Simon: Mr. Kinley. Mr. Stuetzel is happy to pay homage to you by his attendance. --Scott Simmons alias The Dark Knight (personal assistant to Simon Stuetzel)

In the morning we fell in love and lived happily ever after.

Just kidding. The run went well but the biggest shock occurred at 2.5 miles when we looked back and saw Edgar was tagging along. Edgar hasn't run in over a month, barely cross-trains and ran 34:10 at regionals on Saturday. Today, he walked Simon and I down by mile 3 and ran with us for the next hour. Either Edgar is a beast or he hid in the woods during the race. I can't explain how he was able to run 6 minute pace so easily this morning though.

Once back on campus, I had to run over to get the car from Meagan who was at work. I took a short cut through Freedom Park to arrive at Run for Your Life around 1.5 miles.


No comments: