Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Post

Time: none
Distance: none

I need to jump back on the posting bandwagon with some updates. Where to start? Oh yea, I'm sick. Again.

It's Turkey Day here in Ohio and I would have loved to have run the 100th Annual Thanksgiving Day Race in Downtown Cincinnati. A couple of years ago I placed second to Chris Reis on cold day in the 'nati. Mr. Reis took top honors again this morning but I wasn't in attendance. I was at home recovering from what could only have been the swine flu. Yesterday, I had a temperature of 103 which basically ruled out any possibility of running.

I did feel good enough to eat a plate of food and two pieces of pie. However, I'm still not anywhere close to feeling like a champ. So bad in fact that on this holiday I took an AFD. I know, what is the world coming to? This week is pretty much turning out to be a bust. I was hoping to get in some good training here in Ohio but the illness derailed all of that. It looks like I'll have to regroup and refocus for next week.

No comments: