Thursday, November 4, 2010

ATT in Cary

Time: 45:58
Distance: ~6 miles

After a busy day of account visits that included a trip to Performance Inc. HQ, Meagan and I hit up the unpaved section of the ATT near Cary. It is the same trail where I ran the Tobacco Road Marathon and I assume I ran over the same section that we ran this evening. I didn't recognize much as I believe the section was near miles 10 to 13 which was a blur on race day. The trail is ideal for long tempo runs and marathon based efforts. Charlotte desperately needs the surface and length here which is apparently under works. However, I will be a masters runner by the time all the creeks and bike paths are linked up so it won't do me any good.

My original plan was to drop Meagan off at the parking lot when we hit 6 miles and I would continue on for another 4 miles. When we got back to the lot all the other vehicles were gone and the bathrooms were already locked. A message read, "doors will automatically lock 15 minutes before park closing." Great. The ATT is seriously prompt. I was a little nervous to leave my car in the lot for 30 minutes beyond closing time, so I opted to just call it a day. I'll have to run long tomorrow, but that's better than spending the night in a parking lot.

No comments: