Saturday, November 6, 2010

Even More Miles

Time: 59:14
Distance: ~8.6 miles

I didn't have my partner in crime with me this afternoon so I was able to get in another hour of running. I went out while people were arriving to the bars on Montford. I spent part of my Saturday night running through Freedom Park and the Booty Loop and I enjoyed it very much. Tonight was the second night in a row that I saw deer in or near the park. Last night I saw a buck standing in the lawn of a home in Myers Park while tonight I saw a mother and her fawn in Freedom Park. I can't imagine where they go during the day, but it's weird seeing wildlife at a small park in a city.

I returned from the run to find OU playing and getting beat up on by Texas A&M. They effectively ruined their chances at the BCS title when they failed to score after 10 consecutive plays in the red zone. Meanwhile, TCU was taking it out on Utah to stake their claim at deserving a shot in the title game. The football action was fun to watch, but I was more excited to see the NYC Marathon shake out tomorrow morning.

No comments: