Thursday, November 18, 2010

Town Lake with Meagan

Time: 64:38
Distance: ~9 miles

The Running Event yesterday was full of activity that you can read about in Meagan's blog. I won't go into too many details about the day, but I will mention that I wore a tie. I think it's going to become a bit of a tradition because it was one hear ago on the first day of TRE that I was hired with TGA. I interviewed with my boss Paul and the president of Karhu. I was the only person wearing a tie in the entire convention center so I decided to be that guy again. The main reason I wore the tie was to negate the fact that I had a sweet mustache. I figured I had to do something to cancel out the filthy 'stache so I classed it up with a dress shirt and tie.

Yesterday was long and productive. I normally would have gone out with the likes of Keith Kelly of Reebok, Scott Schilter of Nuun or Mike Rouse of K-Swiss, but instead I had an early night with Meagan. Both of us were exhausted after the race and several hours on the expo floor.

In the morning Meagan and I hit up Town Lake for two loops. We saw several familiar faces including Mike Moran of New Balance, Jason Page of Bull City Running and others. It felt good waking up relaxed and fresh for day number two of The Running Event. There wasn't too much that took place on the run but we did notice that Mike was wearing a pair of Hoka One One Hubbles that looked absolutely ridiculous. He said they took away his quad pain during the run though. Good for them.

No comments: