Monday, November 15, 2010

McAlpine Monday with Queens

Time: 107:32
Distance: 16.00 miles
Pace: 6:43
Map

Last night I saw Nelson Mwangi's Facebook post about running at McAlpine. He and some other guys from Queens University were going long and since I wasn't going to be able to double due to travel, I figured it would be best to log some serious morning miles. We met up at Old Bell and ran loops all over the park. The pace was comfortable, but I didn't feel fantastic at any point.

During an early transfer of Mr. Garmin I accidentally hit the split button. See the splits below for how the pace picked up. It was relatively easy until by bathroom break that required me to catch up with a 6:35 mile. That mile also came running over the hill so I was a bit exhausted when I caught back up. The second half of the run is where the good splits should take place and they did.

Splits:
7:30, x:xx, 7:00, 7:04, 6:35, 6:55, 6:52, 7:00, 6:36, 6:29, 6:41, 6:33, 6:30, 6:27, 6:23, 6:00

I felt a little better on the run than I did during yesterday's "long run." I'm hoping to sleep on the flight to the Lone Star State this afternoon and be ready to take the industry by storm come Tuesday. Look out...

1 comment:

Stephen Spada said...

Always enjoy your post! Keep 'em coming...