Friday, November 12, 2010

Email Questions

Time: 79:25
Distance: ~11.5 miles

Some nice easy miles this morning from the house. I don't feel all that bad after yesterday's triple run. A few days ago, Nathan Stanford sent me a quick email about logging high mileage. His question pertained more toward eating habits and metabolism. I'll post my response with some minor edits:
The miles are definitely being logged these days and I'm feeling good pounding the pavement. I've been a little hungrier the past few weeks, but nothing over the top. While I can run on a full stomach without getting cramps, I choose not to. I like to feel light while I'm out running so I end up going long stretches during the day without a ton of food. I end up hydrated with water, Nuun and coffee much of the afternoon before the second run.

However, I have found myself being much more to eager to have breakfast after my morning run/workout. Usually my breakfast is quite light, but lately it's been more substantial. I've also probably dropped a few pounds since triple digits that I'm actually pleased about. The legs and body feel more taut and efficient.

More specifically, I'm not really concerned with what I eat right now. (I just finished off a bag of Snyder's White Chocolate PB Pretzels). I probably drink too many beers during the week too, but so far it's been working for me. I haven't had any hunger pains at 2:30 in the morning requiring me to eat spoonfuls of mayonnaise a la Bill Rodgers. I've tried to stop eating after 10:00 pm, but that sometimes doesn't work.

I'll be interested to see where the miles put me physically and fitness wise by the end of the year. The longest stretch I've gone of 100+ is 8 or 9 weeks and that was my senior year of college. I hope to be able to duplicate those numbers, but not intensity.
Who else out there has logged consecutive triple digit weeks? What changed in terms of eating, sleeping, etc.? I'm curious...

No comments: