Thursday, November 11, 2010

Three Runs, One Post

This isn't my style, but I'm posting three runs in one post today. It's also not my style to run three times in one day. Seems a bit ridiculous and not very sound when it comes to a time management point of view. However, the schedule today allowed for it and I took advantage.

Time: 64:26
Distance: ~8.6 miles

I ran with Meagan on a medium loop this morning. Her legs were tired and I was content to shuffle since I was awakened too early. She was off to the airport and I was off to drink coffee.

Time: 57:02
Distance: ~7 miles

Before driving to the airport, Tyler gave me a ring about running out at McAlpine. He wanted to take his dog Cerberus out for a few miles. How could I turn down a run with Tyler and Cerberus on Veterans' Day? After a couple store visits to Charlotte Running Company and Inside-Out Sports, we left for the crushed gravel.

I felt better on this run than I did at 6:20 this morning with Meagan. The pace was slow as Cerberus had to be reigned in a couple of times, but it allowed me to stretch out the legs.

Time: 59:09
Distance: 8 miles

I missed the Meetup Group Run from Common Market last week and I won't be around for the next two weeks. It's always a fun excuse to fit in another run, make it a triple and drink a few pints. I showed up early after running a few errands and jogged the course solo prior to everyone showing up. The group started a few minutes late and I was off putting one foot in front of the other again. My pace gradually picked up and I steadily passed several people by the time the run was over. However, I was surprised at how many people finished ahead of me and who must run this as a mini workout.

No comments: