Saturday, November 13, 2010

Caitlin's Return from Costa Rica

Time: 29:23
Distance: ~4 miles

I had a good day of store visits during my time in Charleston. I made the most of the afternoon once I got something to eat at a cool little cafe near the water. I was sure to jump on Facebook and the tracker device to check up on Paul, Jay and Aaron up at Richmond. All three turned in solid performances in the marathon while Allen and Kevin rocked it in the half-marathon.

It was a long drive back to Charlotte and I was losing the drive to put in a double run. I had wanted to run more after the race, but I started to get "workout stomach" and decided to hold off on more miles. When I got home it was refrigerator time. I was in the middle of eating my home version of ramen and a beer when I got a call from Caitlin. I was already planning to pick she and Garrett up from the airport, but Ms. Chrisman was wondering if I would go on a run with her. Hell, why not?

We laced up the shoes around 9:20 pm and found some miles in Elizabeth. It actually felt good to shake out the legs and my stomach wasn't complaining too much either.

I got home around 11:00 pm and fell asleep in front of the tv. I had been up since 3:00 am, put in 19 miles and been in the car for over 6 hours. It was a fun way to spend a Saturday.

No comments: