Thursday, November 25, 2010

Mt. Pleasant Turkey Trot

Time: 101:29
Distance: ~12 miles

I had started this nice eloquent recap of the Mt. Pleasant Turkey Trot, but then I got sidetracked. Then Meagan beat me to posting about the day's run. Then to make matters worse she displayed the prose of Dickens or Twain:
Rain began to fall; steady but pleasant at first, then gradually swelling to an almost deafening crescendo of water. To make matters worse, for the next few miles we were running directly into a headwind, which made the droplets feel like tiny shards of glass pelting our exposed skin. Every time I thought it couldn't rain any harder, it did. At one point I literally turned and ran sideways because the water was flooding my contact lenses to the point of near blindness. The ground, previously dry, became a flash flood in minutes, and at certain points Jordan and I were tromping through ankle deep puddles. To say this made for an uncomfortable middle section of the run would be putting it mildly.
How am I supposed to compete with that?

Read her version of the run as it accurately portrays the weather, course, and crowd.

No comments: