Saturday, February 7, 2009

Day Off

Time: none
Distance: none

I woke up this morning and decided to take the day off with the condition of not taking ibuprofen during the day. I wanted to see how the leg felt without pain meds so that I could better recognize the level of discomfort. I still iced and stretched while at the store, but could tell that the leg was still inflamed. In the afternoon a customer, who I've sold kicks to in the past, came into the shop and I picked his brain for achilles exercises because he getting his masters down in Lubbock. He suggested that I stop taking ibuprofen all together because it will slow the healing process and that if I do have swelling to take Benadryl instead. That didn't make too much sense, but after reading a few articles I found that antihistamines do reduce swelling in soft tissue (nasal passage, lungs, and hopefully achilles). This guy also showed me some eccentric movements that I can do while standing around that are a bit different from the calf raises/drops.

After work Scotty and I went up to OKC to watch some of the film shorts that have been nominated for the Oscars. While sitting in the theater I massage my leg and could sense some creakiness when I moved my foot slowly. That's not a good sign.

No comments: