Friday, February 20, 2009

She Saw Me Cooking Eggs...

Time: 40:06
Distance: 5 miles
Gym: morning

This morning I spent some minutes on the bike and elliptical, nothing new to report there. In the afternoon I got off work a bit early and headed up to OKC with Scotty D. He and Spenis were going to go for a jog so instead of sitting at the house playing with Chelsea (Spenis' dog) I said, "Fuck it. Let's go running." I laced up the kicks and shed the shirt for our jog through a pretty decent neighborhood with rolling hills. Our group of three ran comfortably alongside the road and it felt great to be back out there. The pace was easy and I was very cautious with my stride. I made sure to land pretty far back on the heal and not push off too hard with the toes. Every 10 minutes I glanced at my watch half thinking I would start to feel a twinge of pain at any moment. I got to 10 minutes, then 20 and 30 sucessfully without any sort of discomfort. A 40 minute run is not usually the way to start a bit of a comeback, ideally you put in 20 minutes and call it a day. We returned to the house at 38 minutes and I felt confident enough to run until we hit 40. I would call this run a great success.

After some eccentric loads and a quick bit of ice to reduce any swelling that may have occured, we were off to McNellie's for some sweet potato fries and burger.

... thought I was back at it.


No comments: