Thursday, February 5, 2009

Update on Achilles

I apologize to all for not posting frequently lately, but I haven't been running much. I think the marathon countdown sits at 10 days and things aren't looking great. I'm trying to stay positive and get my achilles in working order in the next week. I just got back from a short trip to Charlotte to have Jailhouse Jeff work on my achilles. Meagan thinks I went to visit her, but the main purpose was to have some massage treatment on the lower right leg. The inflammation is still present, but the level of pain is very low during casual everyday activities. When I try to run I can feel a little bit of tightness in the achilles and then I stop so as to not aggravate the area further. It is my hope to go for a little jog this afternoon and see where things are at. I would like to put in between 20 and 30 minutes of light running, followed by a decent stretch session. I will also update the past week of missed posts from memory over the next couple of days. Promise.

2 comments:

Meagan Nedlo said...

i wish you could've run with me this week but i'm glad you're being smart for once. like i said the other day, you're doing all the right things and that's all you can ask for at this point. when you're fast AND healthy at austin you'll be glad you took this down time.

love you.

Meagan Nedlo said...

ps maybe you should try some oxysocks. i've heard they work wonders...