Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Streets

Time: 26:04
Distance: ~3 miles
Gym: afternoon

I spent a good portion of the morning wanging out at Winan's sipping brew. The streets were rather quiet this morning while I was reading articles. I also took a spin up to the grocery store to purchase some calcium heavy products. I think milk and yogurt are going to become a bigger part of my diet in the near future. When I finally hit the streets for my jog the winds had changed and the temperature had dropped from a tropical 76 to probably 66. Throughout the day the wind had been out of the southwest but during my run the wind was directly out of the north. Enough about the wind, the run was great. The achilles felt good and everything seemed to be working properly. I finished up at the gym with my stretch rope and spent a good amount of time working on the hamstrings. I was sure to do some eccentric loads and some heel walks. There was no pain or burning sensation to speak of and I was sure to ice upon returning home.

No comments: