Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sale of the Day

Time: none
Distance: none
Gym: morning

I spent a little over an hour at the gym walking between white lifting machines in some semblance of a weight routine. My achilles still feels good but I'm not going to run today so that it gets proper recovery time.

When I got to work it was busy and it never let up. People streamed through the door all day but there were two solid bursts of customers that left Gus, Craig, Sarah and I helping multiple people at a time. The second onslaught started around 4 pm and lasted until 6 pm which is considerable given we close at 5:30. Gus had already left to put on his monkey costume (read: tuxedo) for some auction he was helping and Sarah had left around 4:30 which left me and Craig to attend to multiple families. Luckily, Scotty D had rolled through on his way back from OKC where he had done some wine tasting. He could see that we were slammed and while I was helping a gentleman with some kicks there was a friendly older woman looking at shoes. This is when the magic happened and Scotty stepped up to the plate.

Dizzle prefaced his sales pitch with, "I don't work here, but I could probably explain some of the shoes to you." She was interested in some of our top shelf varietals which Scotty is all too familiar with as he works at a liquor store. She started with the Nike Equalon and Structure Triax before settling on the Asics Kayano. Scotty was hustlin' because after she was done with shoes she bought some socks and then some clothes. If OK Runner sold midget horses she would have bought one from Scotty. It was brilliant. When it was all over her ticket came to a touch over $400 and we all had a good laugh at his skills. Jerry who actually works for the store came through a few moments later and was filled in on the details and his potential firing. We all soon left for NY Pizza when Oscar (Craig's nickname) texted me saying that Scotty's performance earned us $40 in drinks to be re-paid to me on Monday. That's a commission of 10% and a great time when pitchers are $6.

1 comment:

mfranks said...

I dont know how bad off your achilles is...I have two really bad years of achilles issues...I am not sure if you have heard of DMSO, or if that would even help you. some people think it does nothing for the achilles but I think it helped a little. Supposably its dangerous but I think im still quite normal.