Friday, April 17, 2009

Another Day on the Roads

Time: 61:36
Distance: 9.01 miles
Pace: 6:50
Map

Scotty and I put some time on the feet this morning. I'm continuing my practice of getting up much earlier than I really need to in hopes that on the 26th I'll wake up feeling chipper around 5 am. I think I was up around 6:15 for a 7:30 departure with my training partner. The pace was nice and easy and the roads were much quieter this morning than days past. Scotty and I ran through the neighborhood where former OKC Marathon champ Connor Holt lived. Perhaps Da WeeMan knows that name as Connor is, too, an Irishman. I went on a run with Mark Carroll a couple years ago and he mentioned a buddy of his that spent some time in Norman. I asked if it was Connor and turns out it was. I've never had the pleasure to meet Mr. Holt but I hear he loved making spins around Grass Loop and could sing really well.

No comments: