Sunday, April 19, 2009

Bank of America's Failure

Time: 51:45
Distance: 8.04 miles
Pace: 6:26
Map

I know why Bank of America is tanking. It's true. I would have the banking giant turned around in weeks if I were at the helm. My first call of action would be to move HQ back to San Fran. For my second duty see below. I didn't even have to travel to the company's headquarters in Charlotte to figure this out. Take this simple scenario...

...A runner leaves his home with a couple checks and a debit card stashed under his hat. He plans on putting in 8 or so miles and early on he's going to drop by a Bank of America location to deposit a few weeks worth of employment. Upon arriving at the local BoA site, the patron sees there are no envelopes for said deposit to be made. No envelopes. None. Zilch. It would seem that BoA in all its banking wisdom would see the purpose of stocking deposit envelopes for the weekend. Think of the millions that BoA would wake up to Monday morning if only they would have filled up the envelopes. Idiots! Timothy Geithner can thank me later for solving our nation's banking problems. Envelopes.

The run was good. Nothing else to report besides to nearly sweaty checks. I saw Scotty D and Spenis driving along Pickard St. I stopped and chatted with the boys just briefly. Also, during that mile stretch I think Mr. Garmin decided to geek out as he had me split a 5:40 mile. I know I had the wind at my back but if that mile was a 5:40 you can call me Oscar the Grouch. However, it is was a 5:40 mile not only can you call me Grouch but I'm going to run 2:15 in a week.

2 comments:

Jilane said...

I take it B of A didn't implement these in Nompton yet:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB114686065300345216.html?mod=yahoo_hs

Meagan Nedlo said...

um yeah i tried to tell him about these last night. norman is so behind the times.