Monday, April 13, 2009

A Morning of Fitness and Recovery

Time: 41:14
Distance: ~5 miles
Core
Pool

This morning Meagan dragged me out of bed to go to Queens University's morning practice. It was thrilling. The party started at 7 am in Ovens with some light core work and stabilization exercises. It felt good to get the legs and body moving at such an early hour. After the core we went to the pool and on the way I accidentally walked a few steps into the girls locker room. I didn't see any boobs or anything but that would have been sweet. I think we spent 20 minutes in the pool doing some harder efforts to shake out the legs. I hated the pool in college, but it's not nearly as bad when you're using it as recovery. My legs were feeling good when I left so I laced up the boots for a short jog.

I ran from the Queens campus to Freedom Park where we had our Easter Party and then I looped around the Meyers Park 'hood. It's really not much of a "hood" at all because the average home price is somewhere in the million dollar or more range. I saw one lot that was for sale priced at $1,040,000. That's just the lot, not the home. There was no home. I thought about buying it and pitching a tent and then I could brag about my million dollar tent. Eventually, I wound up a bit lost and had to use the trusty iPhone to find the quickest way back to campus. I kept the pace really slow on the run and was listening to music while counting the number of homes that were for sale. I'll let it be known that Bank of America tanking probably has something to do with the number of houses for sale in MP.

No comments: