Sunday, April 26, 2009

OKC Marathon

Time: 2:27:19
Distance: 26.2 miles

I just want to drop a quick note and get my splits down while I'm waiting for my flight out of OKC to Charlotte. The morning went well and so did the afternoon but it's quickly deteriorating as United Airlines is on par with a discount flying service right now. I'd rather fly the company that charges to use the bathroom.

Here are the splits I took with my Timex watch after mile 1. Splits are based on the course mile markers:
(missed mile one), 6:04, 5:42, 5:49, 5:38,
5:31, 5:38, 5:24, 5:39, 5:31,
5:36, 5:25, 5:32, 5:22, 5:48,
5:34, 5:36, 5:38, 5:29, 11:03 (2 miles),
5:54, 5:49, 5:48, 5:40.

Here are the splits from Mr. Garmin based on fancy satellite technology that had me running 26.48 miles:
5:26, 5:48, 5:53, 5:37, 5:38,
5:25, 5:32, 5:25, 5:35, 5:29,
5:31, 5:28, 5:29, 5:18, 5:40,
5:25, 5:30, 5:36, 5:31, 5:23,
5:35, 5:48, 5:47, 5:52, 5:26,
5:31, 2:36 for .48 miles (5:27 pace)

I'll update this later... stay tuned.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

sick run man. Congrats

Gabriel Rodriguez said...

Absolutely amazing, Jordan! I logged on as soon as I got home and was blown away by your performance. You looked great as well... you have a great attitude towards training and racing. Enjoy your victory!

Robert said...

Good pacing! Looking forward to you visiting my blog and becoming a follower as I will start to follow this blog too.

Robert said...

Good pacing! Looking forward to you visiting my blog and becoming a follower as I will start to follow this blog too.

Jilane said...

I need to get back in the same area as you. Maybe some of your awesomeness will wear off on me. Congrats, buddy.
(PS you could have also mentioned in your just-basics-for-now post that you WON.)

Meagan Nedlo said...

congrats babe! i'm so proud of you. i even told the checkout lady at the grocery store that you won and she looked very impressed.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on yur great run! Did you eat at Olive Garden last night? I think my girlfriend and I saw you while we stalked your table, then took it after you left.

Anyway, we are from Dallas, run here, and noticed your DRC Half post on how you are not an "elite" runner per Libby Jones. Well that looks awfully silly, now doesn't!? haha

You ought to send her your new qualifying long distance race result!

Best and keep on keepin' on,

Stephen & Alison

Suzanne said...

Hey Fast Running Boy! I am extraordinarily proud of you, Jordy. Enjoy this victory you so worked for and deserve. Have a great time celebrating in Charlotte with Meagan and Jeff. XO, MOM

Suzanne said...

P.S. I, like Meagan, am telling everyone I know in town. Proud much?

Coste said...

Nice W. So does this mean you wore two watches during the race? I'm pretty sure you could have dipped under 2:27 if wore just one.

Unknown said...

a little video footage of you at newsok.com, the guy mentions that he was at mile 11 of the half when you came sprinting by with the motorcade and then poof you were gone.

Unknown said...

a little video footage of you at newsok.com, the guy mentions that he was at mile 11 of the half when you came sprinting by with the motorcade and then poof you were gone.