Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Brookhaven Double

Time: 39:36
Distance: 5 miles

Went on a slow run after work with Scotty D and Andrew Call (Skolnick) from the front of OK Runner to Tecumseh and back. We bs'd about Starbucks (Skolnick's employer), the Trials and other random stuff which I can't now remember. When we got back I immediately had a customer to help who I told we could make an exception. He was some military dude that needed shoes for PT. Since we were going out on a run when he called I said that if he could be at the store upon our return I would sell him some shoes. He got hooked up with a pair of 1130s for all of you who don't care.

Gus also gave the three of us a treat of a drink. Actually, he tricked us into drinking a Bud Light Chelada which is a mix of Bud Light and Clamato (clam and tomato) juice. Gus couldn't finish his drink a couple nights ago at Jazz in June and neither could Skolnick this evening. Scotty thought it was decent, but he could have used some chips. I thought it was alright, but I probably couldn't drink a second one... partly because of the taste, and partly because it was a tall boy of a beer that was marginally delicious. However, of the four of us I liked it the best. Mostly because I'm Mexican and pre-disposed to liking it.

No comments: