Friday, July 25, 2008

Cross Training Sucks

Time: 70 mins
Distance: Rick Wemple would call it 10 miles

This morning I woke up relatively early and headed over to the fitness room here at the Lodge. I used the elliptical for 30 minutes. It sucked. Tried the stairmaster for 10 minutes. It sucked. Jumped on the bike for 30 minutes. It sucked.

However, while I was on the bike I received a call from Dr. Griffith's office and they said I could be fit in at 10:15 am. Sweet. After opening OK Runner with Gustavo I headed up the street to visit my new bone bender. I filled out some paperwork, went through a preliminary test where I was told my right left was 1/2 an inch shorter than my left and then had a couple x-rays taken. I've never had x-rays taken at a chiro's office before and while I'm not sure if they were necessary (b/c they charged me for them) they did show that the right side of my pelvis is rotated up which makes my right leg seem short. Dr. Griffith explained this all to me and then he did a few adjustments to get me back to even. I felt much better after leaving his office. I'm sure it was 25% physical and 75% mental, but it doesn't matter. The total bill today came to $156 but future visits will cost $36. Ouch! Anyway, I scheduled a second appointment for Monday.


No comments: