Thursday, July 3, 2008

World's Fastest Man

Time: 74:06
Distance: 10+ miles

I had a dream last night that I broke the world record in the 100m dash in the semis of the Big 12 Outdoor Championships. The race was held inside on a track that was surrounded by huge windows. I got out of the blocks well and crossed the line in a blazing 9.61. In the finals I ran out of lane 7 (not sure why) against an athlete from LSU (also not sure why b/c LSU is not in the Big 12). We were well clear of the field but with 20 meters to go I glanced left and he was still there. Both of us leaned at the tape and raised our arms in victory. He continued around the track as if he had won, so I just assumed that I placed second. After some confusion and delays the scoreboard starting to slowly show the finishing order. He was listed in first with a time of 9.63, but then my name came up also listed in first with the same time. It was deemed a tie and then I woke up. Pretty sweet way to start the day.

Scotty and I ran around Norman but didn't go on any particular route. We kinda did Dead Presidents in reverse. Hip felt decent.

No comments: