Monday, July 21, 2008

Meagan's Tempo (for real this time)

Time: 68:32
Distance: 10 miles

Meagan and I headed out to the Chattahoochee River this morning after a bit of a timing debacle. She forgot that we had crossed back into EST when entering Georgia and I never bothered to change my watch. So when she glanced at my watch when we woke up it still read 6:30 and all was good. We didn't get out the door until closer to 8:00 (9:00 EST) which meant the river climate was much appreciated but still on the warm side.

At the river Meagan and I warmed up for about 2 miles in 17:21, stretched lightly and then got to business. Her workout was the same as yesterday, 5 mile tempo/race against me. Today she wanted the pace to start around 6:15 and then maybe drop it from there.

Splits: 6:18, 6:15, 6:09, 6:13 for 25:20 total.

After 4 miles Meagan was feeling a bit dizzy and we called the workout. She ran well and was never more than a few strides behind. I tried to keep the pace as even as possible throughout the effort. We grabbed some water after walking for a little bit and then on our 25:51 cool down went exploring up the mountain that overlooks the river. I was impressed by the single track trail that was sparkly for some reason. Meagan claimed it was from the fairies leaving the magic dust behind. I asked if she meant like Fern Gully and she didn't know what I was talking about. Great movie.

Here are some lyrics from the GRA (greatest rapper alive) not named Lil' Wayne. He hails from the ATL and I knew I had heard Chattahoochee mentioned somewhere before. I guess Chattahoochee is the ATL's equivalent to Lake Thunderbird (aka Dirtybird).

Neva back down, won't shake nor shiver
F*ck with me and get found in the Chattahoochee River
This 7 inch shank, will put a stop to his ticker
But shotties to the body make him drop much quicker

-- Ludacris (not the clean version)

No comments: