Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Steady Garbage Loop

Time: 90:03
Distance: 14 miles

I had a rough time getting up this morning after meeting up with Kristi, Skolnick, Spenis, and Saker at The Mont. We had a good time before moving on to Joe's Taverna of which I had never been a patron. I was a big fan of the Coor's drafts that tasted like ammonia or some sort of dishwashing detergent. I actually asked the waitress for the "dishwasher special" and she knew exactly what I was talking about.

I met Scotty just west of campus along Brooks and we headed south on Pickard, Chautauqua and eventually crossed Hwy 9. My legs felt absolutely terrible more so from recording 48 miles in 3 days than anything. Smart move? Probably not. We were able to get the pace clipping along and departed ways around 80 mins. My final 10 minutes were an absolute death march which were not helped by the 90 "anal seconds" I tacked on to hit my goal time. Bruuuuuutaall.

No comments: