Monday, July 28, 2008

Running with Carrot Top

Time: 45:51
Distance: 6+ miles

After work the Monday night crew arrived for a run. David was a little late but he had a little workout planned despite the 100 degree weather. His initial workout was going to be 5 x 3 mins at 5:25 mile pace which is basically 3:15 or so K pace. I suggested that he just run 5 x k in 3:15. After tinkering with his Garmin for a bit we decided it was time to begin the workout. I think we split 3:18, took 3 mins rest and ran another in 3:22. He urgently needed a restroom and luckily we found a port-o-let that was strategically placed along our route. Our third interval was even slower, 3:32 perhaps and again the bathroom was needed. On our fourth interval I started on pace and was immediately 15 meters in front. I backed off and wasn't running much faster than training pace but Carrot Top was struggling at this point. After a 3:51 split the workout was over and I jogged it in back to the store.

My leg didn't feel great at any point. I think my left leg was doing a little more work which means I'm more balanced but every time I land on my right leg it hurts. Need more time to recover.

No comments: