Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday Long Run?!?!?!

Time: 122::21
Distance: 18 miles

Scotty and I decided to move the long run to this morning in hopes of saving the legs. We met up along Jenkins but then headed back through campus b/c I had to pick up my water in order to re-stash it. After giving some douche bag a thumbs up for honking at us along Chautauqua only to beat us to the light at the corner of Lindsey, we set out on our course. We ventured west along Lindsey before ducking into some of the neighborhoods just to the south and then crossed over I-35. Bob Moore's huge new eyesore of a dealership is coming along quite nicely which will make traffic all the more worrisome in the coming months.

I took my first Clif "shit" Shot vanilla flavor around 50 minutes as we ran into the new neighborhoods along 36th. I had never been in the housing edition between Main St. and Robinson St. just west of 36th. The homes are pretty legit. I would estimate listing prices of $800k which for Norman is basically a city block. As an aside check this biz out. Norman is clearly moving up in the world. I found this about San Fran interesting too. So after our little jaunt in the neighborhood that can't be named, we popped out along Robinson and ran back over I-35.

I wasn't feeling particularly good at this point and considered taking my second supplement around 75 mins. I decided to hold off and ended up having the snack around 90 minutes as we made our way across Main St. We ran back on the Dead Presidents loop before deviating to pick up our water on Chautauqua. By this point the pace had picked up to around 6:00 pace. A quick spin through campus and a right on Brooks headed me on my way towards home. I managed to keep the pace honest and attempted to pick it up envisioning the final few miles of the marathon. I think the final 10 minutes were run close to 5:45 pace which was honest but I finaly felt like I was in a rhythm.

Scotty and I are currently seated at Cafe Plaid enjoying our third Coach's happy hour beer. The first two were their IPAs which I'm not sure how is possible at 3.2% and the third was an Irish Red.

No comments: