Monday, March 30, 2009

John Zogby Speaks

Time: 22:23
Distance: 3.21 miles
Pace: 6:58
Map

After I got home from work this afternoon I suited up and took a jog up to campus. John Zogby was speaking on campus in an informal setting with about 50 students who were receiving extra credit, a couple professors and a few other members of the community. The university's president was also in attendance and introduced Zogby at the a gallery in the Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art. Zogby spoke about the "globals" (18-29) cohort and had some very positive things to say. For a bit more info. I'll lean on the article that was written about the talk. I had no shame sitting in the back of the room with the shorties on while others awkwardly sported their blazers, dress shoes and white socks.

The legs were a bit tired on this short spin. I just wanted to shake them out a bit and be able to do a few strides on Main St. at the conclusion of the run.

No comments: