Monday, March 23, 2009

Windy Zig Zags

Time: 71:59
Distance: 11.05 miles
Pace: 6:31
Splits: 7:47, 6:52, 6:39, 6:30, 6:32, 6:22, 6:15, 6:18, 6:16, 6:07, 6:04
Map

What a crappy morning. I woke up to sustained winds of 20 mph or more and contemplated running at the gym on the 'mill. I set foot out the door and ran a block south and then headed east before cutting back south a block. I repeated the south, east, south, west routine for quite some time. I considered running 6 miles outside and then finishing up on the 'mill but that seemed just as bad as the wind. If you don't normally look at the map, I would recommend you doing so today because it shows a unique shape. I was just over 8 miles when I hit the Pickard/Imhoff intersection and turned to head straight north. Having the wind at the back was huge time.

I was definitely a big sluggish today which I'll contribute in part to the wind and the workout from yesterday. I didn't mean to drop the pace each mile but that's the way it went. I still felt heavy and the breathing wasn't as relaxed as it should have been. Tomorrow's long run could be interesting. The wind continued throughout the day but hopefully it will be finished by the morning.

Issued by The National Weather Service
Oklahoma City, OK
3:16 pm CDT, Mon., Mar. 23, 2009

... WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM CDT THIS EVENING...

SOUTH TO SOUTHWEST WINDS WILL CONTINUE AT 25 TO 35 MPH THROUGH THIS EVENING. THE STRONG WINDS ARE ASSOCIATED WITH A STRONG SURFACE LOW OVER CENTRAL NEBRASKA. SOME WINDS GUSTS ACROSS NORTHERN OKLAHOMA MAY EXCEED 50 MPH ESPECIALLY THROUGH 7 PM.

A WIND ADVISORY MEANS THAT SUSTAINED WINDS OVER 30 MPH... OR FREQUENT GUSTS OVER 40 MPH... ARE EXPECTED. WINDS THIS STRONG CAN MAKE DRIVING DIFFICULT... ESPECIALLY FOR HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES. USE EXTRA CAUTION.

1 comment:

Coste said...

you're slacking on updating here kid.