Friday, March 6, 2009

Run Over by a Dog

Time: 48:09
Distance: ~7 miles?
Gym: morning

This morning I was up early and off to the gym to meet Kristi. She gave me shite yesterday for not being present on the elliptical machine. This morning I kicked her ass in terms of arrival time and claimed I had already been on the machine for 30 minutes before she had joined. Too bad the timer on the elliptical proved that I had only been there 8 minutes. The 45 minutes went rather quickly having someone to chat with.

In the afternoon Scotty and I headed to Sutton Woods to get out of the windy weather. We took a few spins around and around the dirt trail. There wasn't too much action out there and we didn't come across any dead bodies. A few couples were out walking their pups enjoying the warmer temps. Unfortunately, one couple was being truly rebellious and took their dog off the leash. The black mutt seemed to be having a great time bounding in the weeds until Scotty and I came running through. From the woods it charged in our direction in a friendly manner attempting to get back to it's master. The dog ran directly at me giving me two options: (a) hold my ground and hope/figure the dog would move as it wouldn't make sense to run into an object (me) or (b) dodge the dog and hope the mutt doesn't choose to move in the same direction as myself with the end result being a collision. I chose (a) and the dog didn't cooperate as it plowed into my left knee knocking me down. Little bastard.

No comments: