Sunday, March 1, 2009

Week in Review

Time: 138:58
Distance: ~18 miles

I'll take the 18 miles for the week and keep it as a starting point. Next week perhaps I will run 30 and a few more the following week. Tom says I need a plan for the next 3 weeks, but we'll see about that. I could just go back on the steroids and start lifting at the gym.

The Brown men's squad finished with 52 points and a 5th place finish going over the 33 point barrier I previously set. Not bad considering after the first day of competition with two points the team had 2 points. Duriel Hardy probably had the best performance on the team with a runner-up finish in the 5k to go along with his 5th place finish in the 3k. His 5k time also bested my over/under of 14:39 that I established.

In good fun I'd like to point out that Dartmouth finished the meet with a whopping 18 points. Tom noticed that one Cornell runner would have tied the entire D'mouth contingent. Zachary Hine put up 10 points in the 5k with his win and another 8 points for second place in the 3k. So much for the days when Dartmouth guys could be seen at the front of the pack.

No comments: