Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Mr. Garmin is Back

Time: 59:51
Distance: 7.80 miles
Pace: 7:41
Map

The Garmin is back in action after a bit of a holiday in the British sense. Meagan and I set off for Sutton Woods a few hours after our "morning" run. We spent the time in between at a laundr-o-mat getting our clothes smelling minty fresh. I don't have a washer or dryer now that I live in the slums which means I will do some of my laundry in the sink when things get bad. Meagan thought that I wouldn't be able to get the stench out of her clothes with a hand wash so she made me go pay to have the clothes washed and dried. I haven't been to such a facility in many years and they all seem the same. A little old couple owns the place and they have let the quality run amok with all thte dirty clothes, cigarette butts and the class of society. Anyway, point being that there wasn't much rest time between the runs, but D-Jacobs wanted to put in some minutes.

The mercury is no longer at a muggy 80 and has now settled in at 35 with a nasty windchill which meant getting to Sutton sucked. Dwight was shocked at how windy Oklahoma is and I was happy to help him calous in the elements. We three took a few loops on the dirt before heading back to downtown. The legs felt solid and the achilles was not a factor.

No comments: