Friday, September 18, 2009

Brown Town

Time: 60:01
Distance: 8.53 miles
Pace: 7:02
Map

I had an early flight out this morning from Charlotte to PVD that Meagan was lucky enough to take me to. Tarpy was big time in picking me up once the flight touched down in the old stomping grounds. Being back on campus has brought back so many memories and it's only going to get better when some of the fellas get here. Tarpy and I went to Blue State Coffee and grabbed a slice from Antonio's once Graddy got out of class. It turned out being a relaxing and fun morning/afternoon with two former teammates.

Graddy has a big test on Monday which means he's going to fail once the crew gets here. Anyway, he was able to escape for some minutes along the bike path. The India Point crossing is newly finished so there is a more direct route to the path. We put in about an hour at an easy clip talking about his time in Durban, South Africa. He schooled me on the four groups of people there: black, white, Indian and colored. However, I liked it best when he said his boss (an educated Zulu woman) asked him who "Hispanics" were after reading about another superior race of people.

No comments: