Saturday, September 19, 2009

You Will Always Be Surrounded by True Friends

Time: 51:33
Distance: 6.87 miles
Pace: 7:30
Map

I didn't have much time between runs (3 hours) because Ozzie, Craigga, J-Nettles and Clark showed up from NYC. Well, Clark wasn't really there because he's a punk and had law school reading to do. Regardless, the guys were back in town and we put the boots on for a run. It was pretty much a Boring Stories of Glory Days experience but better.

We laughed about how Craigga spends $70 a month for a gym membership he uses twice on average. That's a $35 visit but what is even better is the fact that his workout takes 10 minutes to complete. Essentially, Craigga is paying $210 per hour to work out, but I guess J.P. Morgan hasn't been affected by this whole "recession" thing.

There were some Glory Stories about workouts we had done and races we had run/won. This was definitely one of the best runs I've had in ages. Craigga was hurting by 4 miles and called it a day while the rest of us put in a few more minutes down on the Blackstone Blvd.

It's now a touch after 10 pm and I'm getting ready for bed. CVS is tomorrow morning at 11:15 EST and I hope to run in the 14:30s. I hopefully didn't sabotage my race by playing two light games of Beirut as the class of '06 and eating dinner at Shanghai with the boys. Craigga was true to form and treated the table to several scorpion bowls (of which I didn't partake) and dinner. A large group is currently at Spat's and while I would love to be there, I have business to take care of in the morning.

No comments: