Saturday, September 19, 2009

Seeing the Sites

Time: 30:43
Distance: 4.22 miles
Pace: 7:16
Map

I was out the door and off to see some of the old sites Brown has to offer. First I ran up Hope St. from Graddy's and took a tour of the back fields that have been recently upgraded. It looks like the athletic department decided to pay a hefty some to have the grass turfed over. Being back on the fields brought back memories of my first run with Enda Johnson and Eamonn O'Connor when they spoke Irish to each other which meant I understood next to nothing.

I next hit up the Brown Stadium but it was locked up so I ran up the hill and through Moses Brown HS. It's funny how you can come back to a place and run the exact same roads without feeling like you've missed anything. Finally, I took it down Thayer St. while the traffic was low and deliveries were being made.

I had a few hours back at Graddy's before walking down to pick up my race packet with Steve Chaloner. Since I got down there early I was able to grab all I needed with little hassle. I wanted to see Bob Rothenberg but I didn't come across the feller. Hopefully I spot him tomorrow after the race.


No comments: