Sunday, September 20, 2009

Week in Review

Time: 511:00
Distance: 73.74 miles

I didn't have a chance to mention that on the warm up of this morning's race I spotted my former coach John Gregorek. He currently works for Asics and was on hand to run the race. I think his goal was to break 19 minutes which is nearly five minutes and 40 seconds slower than his PR. Yea, do the math, he was crazy fast. It's always nice to catch up with John and hear about how well his family is doing. He also had the chance to meet up after the race and briefly chat with the rest of the guys who came to watch.

Perhaps I could have been a little fresher for the race with a bigger taper. I'm feeling good on runs and during workouts, but I need to get comfortable with the burning/aching/cramping sensations again. Jailhouse and I will be coming up with some ideas for what to do next. I'm an alternate of the Ivy League team which means I have the opportunity to break out the spikes and run a fast 5k on the track.

In other news, the title from Saturday's post was my fortune at Shanghai. It fit the environment of the day.

No comments: