Friday, October 21, 2011

Brown Cross Country

Time: 47:59
Distance: 11.33k
Pace: 4:14
Map

It was fun running with the Brown xc team this morning at their morning practice. Hopefully it wasn't an NCAA violation as that was certainly not the intention. I guess most NCAA violations are not intended other than to find loopholes in the system.

The guys were running various distances ranging from 4 to 7 miles depending on age and competitiveness. I opted to run in the second group as the guys up front were absolutely hammering right out of the gate. I had us open with a 4:22 kilometer which is at least 30 seconds faster than I normally start. It took me about 10 minutes to get my 27 year old muscles going. We ran a familiar loop that briefly hits the trails of Blackstone Park and then finished up along the (Blackstone) Boulevard. I was content to finish up at 11k as I had to hit the road for a store visit in Plymouth, MA.

No comments: