Monday, October 3, 2011

Salem Exploration

Time: 74:11
Distance: 18.37k
Pace: 4:02
Map

My dad who was in NYC on vacation  opted to visit the North Shore of Boston and see what it was all about. We stayed at the Hawthorne Hotel which is walking distance from all of the shops and crazies who come to visit this time of year. Due to Salem's close connection to witches, at any given moment you can visit fortune tellers, go to a seance, walk a ghost tour or burn an innocent bystander with little evidence for their wrong doings.

In the morning I ran from the hotel through the city to the familiar bike path in Marblehead. I continued on to make a loop of the Neck and then head back. I was running behind schedule which forced me to pick up the pace considerably the final 10k. I covered the distance in under 3:45 pace (6:00 min/mile) and felt decent doing so.

No comments: