Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Flood Run

Time: 32:35
Distance: 7.32k
Pace: 4:27
Map

It poured last night and upon listening  the news we learned that some areas received as much as 5 inches in 2 hours. This left many of the streets flooded and impassable for morning commuters or runners trying to put in some time on the feet.

I started from the Hawthorne Hotel and ran down a street that had water coming up over the top of car wheels. There were police officers out blocking roads and redirecting traffic. I had to make a few detours but was able to keep a flow of the run on streets with no flooding. The run started in the rain and I had already decided I only need 30 minutes so when the rain stopped halfway through, I felt a little like I wasn't taking advantage of a cool morning. The good thing is that I'll be able to get more distance back in Charlotte.

No comments: