Thursday, October 20, 2011

Visiting Providence & Brown

Time: 75:15
Distance: 17.54k
Pace: 4:17
Map

I ended my day of store visits with Rhode Runner in Providence, RI where I used to buy shoes during my time at Brown. The manager is now Pat Moulton who ran at Providence College and was a year older than me. He and my good buddy Pat Tarpy had a great battle to the finish at the New England Championships one year that Brown ended up with the team title. Fun memories.

After the visit I headed up to campus and park near the OMAC (athletic center) where I was able to sneak in the back and change into my running costume. I had chatted with @78barnestweet earlier in the day about where the boys were working out. The team was doing some mile repeats down at the Brown Stadium.

I got in 45 minutes of running on short St. Ray's before arriving at the track to watch one of the final workouts before the Heps Cross Country Championships next Saturday at Princeton. I won't be able to make it down to Dirty Jersey so it was nice to see the crew while in town. I became pretty fired up after hearing the three clap beat during the workout. My pace dropped considerably during the 20 minutes of running clockwise around the track. I fortunately felt pretty good despite the considerable amount of running I've done this week. The trick is staying healthy.

No comments: