Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Brookhaven Double

Time: 38:07 (w/o strides)
Distance: 5+ miles (w/o strides), 6+ (w/ strides)

I gave Scotty D. a call today to see if he wanted to go for a double run with me after work. We met up at OK Runner and went on a nice easy jog. Took him on the standard loop that goes out to Tecumseh Rd. The wind was at our backs to start so the latter stages of the run were quite windy. After getting back I thought it would be wise to get in some strides if I'm going to run a hard 800 meter effort tomorrow. I went out to Brookhaven Blvd. and ran 10 x ~140 meters with the wind at my back. It felt good to turn things over and loosened me up a bit.

Met up with the fellas at Taco C's for a Cabana Bowl and some chips. Had a good time before heading home and crawling into bed. It is suppose to be crappy tomorrow and I'm planning on working out after class.

No comments: