Sunday, January 20, 2008

Dead Presidents Represent Me

Time: 110:31
Distance: ~18 miles

Woke up with a savage hangover and didn't get out the door until about 1 pm. I was unfortunately going to have to miss part of the first half of the AFC Championship game between the Pats and the Chargers. However, I planned it so that Logan would take some of my gear to JJ's house so that I could shower and change post run.

It was much warmer that I had expected and I probably didn't need the hat or windbreaker that I brought along. Regardless, I was pretty comfortable throughout the run. I started off with a loop out by Irving Middle School. Then I ran back in through campus and out Pickard b/c I wanted to run by the Bank of America and deposit some checks. After doing so, I headed north to Robinson and continued on the standard loop where Dead Presidents goes. When I made it back to Pickard I felt like getting a split between Lindsey and Imhoff which turned out being 6:06 despite the 15-20 mph breeze in my face. I finished by looping down by Scotty D's pad and out around the water treatment facility before getting back on Jenkins. Took a right on Constitution and finished up by JJ's who lives above Maggie Moo's ice cream in the lofts of Norman.

Pretty good day of running. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to handle running alone for such a long time. Last week I was accompanied by Scotty D. which made the run much more pleasant. It was good to be out there.

In honor of this run I present two versions Dead Presidents. You decide which one is better.

Jay-Z:


Nas:


No comments: