Friday, January 11, 2008

Dead Presidents

Time: 85:10
Distance: 13 miles
Map

Owen and I ran from each of our respective sleeping locations. I jogged over from Campus Lodge and he came from Jilane's house. We met up around the corner of Jenkins and Timberdell and then headed north on Jenkins. We wanted to get in about 80 minutes and I knew a loop that was about 10 miles. It is a pretty standard loop that I have been doing when it is windy out. The map shows the traditional loop that is now being called Dead Presidents because it goes past a number of elementary schools. All are named after former Potus greats and not so greats like Kennedy, McKinley, and Jackson. Owen and I were chatting on the run about how none of the runs we do have names. At Brown every run was called something. There was Skank, Little Snake, St. Rays, McCoy, Double Headed Cobra, and Dragon just to name a few. Here in Norman the only one that has a creative name is Bobcat. Owen forced me to come up with a name with this run and Dead Prez is what I felt was appropriate. I had to make up a few short loops around the campus neighborhoods in order to get us to a point where we could depart and roughly get in a little over 80 minutes.

I felt pretty good on this run today. The wind wasn't too bad at any point. It was also a warm 40 degrees if that is possible.

No comments: