Friday, January 25, 2008

Dropping a K

Time: 69:08
Distance: 11 miles

This was a bit of a different workout. Tom wanted me to run for 40 minutes (first 20 easy, next 20 steady). Then I would come to the track, stretch, do strides and run a 1k. Since I was doing this workout on the indoor track and after work I wasn't really sure how I was going to feel. It was hard getting out the door in the dark and windy weather. I ran from the Lodge with my spikes, dropped them off at the Mosier and then proceeded to run the Lloyd Noble Loop ending in 40:21. I made my way back to the indoor track and got into the right frame of mind.

Target: Strides. 1k in 2:38 (outdoor track time)
Splits: 30.09, (2:26), 30.93, (4:00), 2:37.88.

I took the time to wheel out the proper distance in lane three in order to protect my hips. I think it is about 13 paces per lap. I used the two 200s to check my marks and they seemed to be accurate. My splits for the 1k were something like 30.8, 62.4, 1:34, and 2:06. Those were taken just from glances at my watch. Not a bad workout all things considered. I was pleased. Still not excited though. I haven't really run a workout that has impressed me.

C/d back to the Lodge was 25:10.

No comments: