Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Track Workout

Time: ~42:43
Distance: 6 miles

Yesterday I got a Facebook message from Coach Tom and he wanted me to run a 300 meter workout this week. Apparently, he forgot that we weren't going to hit the track until after returning to Oklahoma. Anyway, to break up the training I decided that it would be fun. I tried to ignore the fact that I was sick and still producing a good amount of phlegm. Bad choice.

Target: 6 x 300 in 45 secs with 2 mins rest. 4 minute break. 1 x 600 in sub 1:30.
Splits: 45.69, 45.62, 45.25, 45.50, 45.37, 45.30

I warmed up to the Palm Springs HS track which is about 2 miles from the house. Ran 4 laps in lane 6 to bring the time to 22:16. Stretched a bit. Did some drills that I'm trying to incorporate back into my routine. Was feeling okay and thought that I would give things a shot. I couldn't really figure out where the finish mark was on the track. They had all of these random lines for various relays. For instance, in Palm Springs the 4000m relay is an event, as is the 6400m relay. There were also lines for the 1600 F and 800 F races which were both at different locations. Anyway, the workout got underway and I was not going to have a good one. I tried jogging 300m after the first one to take a jogging recovery, then I decided that a standing one would be best. I never felt great and by halfway I decided that the 600 at the end was not a possibility. I was having a tough time relaxing despite the legs feeling pretty good. A bit of a disappointing way to start off the year.

C/d back to the house 15:57. I then went to the gym that is in the complex and did abs for the first time since... um... May.

1 comment:

Jilane said...

sweet, the 1600 and 800 are shorter for chicks? (in the fairytale land that is my mind, i've decided that's what the Fs stand for.) i like this town. when i'm this out of shape, sexism that works in my benefit is not only acceptable, it's encouraged.