Thursday, January 24, 2008

Freezing Morning

Time: 67:11
Distance: 10 miles

What a rough morning. I woke up to see that it was 14 degrees with a real feel of -2. What is this? A Greenbay football game? Last night I chatted with Scotty D. and he told me that he and Holly were meeting on Pickard around 8:15. I was being picked up by the Runner Mobile (Gus' car) at 9:10 so I had to get out there a bit earlier. I wore half tights, under tights, under a pair of Brooks pants. On top I had on another three layers and my orange Brooks jacket with the hood attached. The cold was fine, but the wind was brutal.

I was just interested in putting about 45 minutes on my feet before meeting up with the boys. I made a loop out by Irving Middle School and then I headed in towards campus and out Jenkins. I looped over by Scotty D.'s house before making my way to Pickard. At this point, my face was rather cold and I couldn't see that far ahead in front of me b/c my eyes were frozen. I had hoped that meeting up with the Scotts would give me a little boost in the cold weather, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

I finished up back at the Lodge and was able to thaw out before Gustavo came to pick me up for work.

No comments: